Tuesday 23 March 2010

Meanderings

Like a river, my thoughts often meander to unsuspecting places...

I am currently reading "Nature's Playground" by Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield and am really enjoying it. I especially like the quotes:

""Playing outdoors should be a fundamental part of childhood, yet we are in danger of tidying out children away into stuffy bedrooms..."

and


"Life is full of risk, so the best way to prepare children for life is to ensure that they understand how to judge risk for themselves."

This last one especially hits a chord with me. Children hidden away just learn to fear the world instead of participate in it. What kind of life is that?

I am so looking forward to backpacking and canoeing this year! Maybe we'll take along "mud wear" and have a mud fight on one of the hotter days. Life is too short not to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment