Friday 26 March 2010

Centre for Child Honouring

Remember Raffi Cavoukian? Let me give you a hint:

Baby beluga in the deep blue sea,
You swim so wild and you swim so free,
Heaven above and the sea below
and a little white whale on the go!

Well, as much as we enjoyed his music through my son's early childhood, the man is now even more of a hero to me.

He has started the Centre for Child Honouring with which he intends to reshape society's view of children in the hopes of improving their environment.

Dream big? This guy is all over it.

If you read my earlier entry about empowerment for children, you'll understand that this is something I feel is long overdue. The work involved to create such changes is nearly unimaginable, but as the saying goes, the journey of 1 000 miles begins with a single step.

Mr. Cavoukian, hats off to you for this incredibly important and monumental undertaking. You have made my week and renewed my faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment