Thursday 1 April 2010

Happy April Fools' Day

I have to say I both love and hate this day. It is a bit of a time waster, but when the jokes are in good taste, clever and work, it is a lot of fun too!
I didn't plan anything much this year, and since it is 5 pm, I think I managed to get off lightly this year.

What are your favourite pranks?
I like the kid-friendly food pranks on the Family Fun website, although my family found them first so I haven't been able to use them. We played the "elastic band on the kitchen sprayer" trick on my husband two years in a row. Fell for it both times too!
Another good one was way back in uni when I put yellow food colouring on my roommate's toothbrush. Or when my roommate and her friend sewed my current DH's clothing all together in a long chain. Or when I labelled my DH's underwear with labels of various, um, sayings, some of which he missed and wore to the hockey locker room before finding.

The best was when my SIL held her annual Good Friday (which was April 1st that year) kite flying party. DH had a co-worker call her and pretend to be a DJ from a major radio station checking the details for their community happenings update. He was very convincing, suggesting that he'd heard it from other media sources, and even asked the details about the chili lunch at her place afterward. At the time she lived in a small apartment--how the heck was she going to house and feed members of the general public?! She caught on, but not immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment